Jobs at Fungi Jon
Join our growing team to spread the fungi in Florida! Located in Saint Cloud, FL. See below for information on our available positions:
Join the Fungi Jon team as a Farm Hand to help produce gourmet & medicinal mushroom abundance. Tasks include (but not limited to) cleaning, organizing, mushroom media preparation, harvesting, trimming and order fulfillment.
- $12/hr training period, $15/hr after 1 month
- Full-time preferred - 25 hours minimum, up to 40+ hours per week
- Preparation of substrate growing medium
- Harvesting and trimming mushrooms
- Cleaning and organizing mushroom grow environments
- Fulfilling customer orders and arranging fresh mushrooms to our high quality standards
- Minimum 9 month commitment to position
- Has a working smartphone with data
- Is on time and consistently reliable
- Has good communication skills
- Has a positive, upbeat attitude
- Has good problem-solving skills
- Friendly and professional with crew
- Has genuine interest and passion for our product
- Detail oriented, thorough, quick learner
- Intrinsically motivated to excel and do a great job every day
- Desires personal growth and values honesty and responsibility
- Able to lift 50 lbs and remain standing for several hours
- No prior experience with mycology or mushrooms necessary, but passion and some level of prior understanding about mushrooms preferred
- Prior restaurant experience preferred
- Must be willing to learn and closely follow sterile procedure and general sanitation practices
- Employee discount on all products
- Uplifting team environment and workplace
- Potential for long-term growth with our company
- Hands-on mycology education
Please send your resume & cover letter to Hello@fungijon.com and include a summary of your skills, work experience, experience or involvement with mushrooms, and answers to cover letter questions at the bottom of this page.
COVER LETTER QUESTIONS:
Why do you want to work here?
What are your passions?
What makes you happy?
What do you hope to gain from this?
What do you want to do?
What do you not want to do?
What is your availability and flexibility in scheduling?
Are you willing to work 8-12 hour shifts?
Are you willing to commit to this position for at least 6 months?
How did you hear about this position?