Blue Oyster Grow-It-Yourself Kit
Grow your own abundance of Blue Oysters!
10lb Fruiting Block Kit capable of producing up to 4lbs total over consecutive flushes.
Perfect for mushroom lovers or the ‘shroom-curious, great for kids or a fun family science project, and even makes a sweet gift for that special fun-gal or fun-guy. With simple daily misting, you can grow your own blue oysters at home with Fungi Jon's Blue Oyster Grow-It-Yourself Kit.
Our 10 lb growkits are substantially high yielding as compared to smaller size growkits on the market. They are produced by our farm in Central Florida using certified organic commercial substrate for commercial-grade quality. Average yield 1.5-2lb first flush, up to 4lb total harvest is typical with consecutive flushes.
Eat the absolute freshest mushrooms possible by growing them. Hyperlocal growkit to table. Comes with full instructions and a supplies necessary to provide your growing mushrooms with their necessary conditions. You can expect a harvest within 1-2 weeks from the point you set up your kit.
Blue oysters have a wide range of color from grey to blue. They will show their blue tint more vividly at fruiting temperatures of 55-65F. Above 65F, they appear more greyish blue and will grow quicker. To achieve best quality, aim for a temperature range between 55-75F. A high quality, versatile gourmet mushroom which is as fun to grow as it is to enjoy!
What you get:
- A 10Ib block! That’s twice the size of other grow blocks on the market!
- Full instructions
- Misting bottle
- Humidity dome
- High quality, versatile mushrooms to cook with
- The freshest mushrooms possible
- Joy & fun for weeks!
- Your growkit is a living organism! Refrigerate your kit upon arrival between 35-45F and begin your growing process within 2 weeks maximum.
- Set up your kit indoors, in a location which stays between 55-78F and receives ambient lighting.
- Cut the block using a clean blade and set up your box as shown in the provided instructions.
- Mist 2-3 times daily using provided mist bottle and pure water.
- Observe for baby mushroom pins about 1/4 inch tall at the cut site in about a week or so (called primordia/pinning, or simply baby mushrooms).
- Remove humidity cover and continue spraying block indirectly, avoiding direct spraying of new growth.
- Enjoy a first harvest within 2-3 weeks from the point you set up your kit.
- Keep spraying after each harvest to encourage continued growth potential!
- *Please note growkits may behave abnormally when subjected to temperatures above 85F or below 35F for prolonged periods.
- We suggest selecting the quickest shipping rate for your order, especially if there is any opportunity for your growkit to exceed the temperatures listed above for more than a few hours.
- Our growkits are refrigerated prior to shipping and currently ship on Wednesdays based on batch readiness.
- Please place your order by Wednesday 1PM or sooner if you would like us to ship your order the same week.
- See our pickup locations here
- Please place your order by Wednesday 1PM or sooner if you would like to pick up the same week.
All our mushrooms are grown with love and care at our farm in Florida from start to finish. All products created from our mushrooms are also crafted at our facilities.
We value quality of product above everything else. We’ll always strive to provide the best product on the market.
Fungi Jon is named after our founder Jon, an experienced Mycologist who has been spreading his fungi wisdom for over 10 years.