Oh yeah. This tasty, nutritious, fungilicious curry from Fungi Jon is sure to delight all! So creamy and satisfying, you might even forget it’s dairy-free and gluten-free. The umami of our fresh & dried mushrooms in this recipe adds essential texture and flavor dimensions to this curry, pleasing the pallet while loading you up with the nutrition your body needs. You can follow our guidance for ingredients below to the tee, or you can be a mushroomy rebel and add as much fungi and veggies as your mushroom curry-lovin’ soul desires!
- Start by dicing your onion, garlic, and turmeric (if using fresh). Add them to your curry cookin’ vessel, a.k.a large soup pot, once heated with a small amount of high heat oil. Sauté on medium-low.
- In between sautéing like a boss, chop the florets off of the broccoli, removing the stalk. Cut the tough rind from the stalk and chop the remaining inner delicious part into 1 inch pieces - zero waste always! Add all of the broccoli to your pot with 1 cup water.
- Add the bundle of fresh lemongrass. Three long leaves is plenty. You can use the leaves themselves to wrap around and tie up the bundle. Make sure it is tight enough that it won't easily fall apart. You'll remove this at the end like a tea bag. Stir and put the lid on for 10 minutes and prepare other veggies below.
- Cut open the bell pepper and remove the seeds. Slice into thin ¼ inch wide pieces about 2 inches long. Set aside.
- Slice down the center of the zucchini/summer squash, then chop into slides about ½ inch thick.
- Add the bell pepper and zucchini to your pot along with the coconut cream and the rest of the water. Use the cans from your coconut cream to measure water and get every last bit of coconut creaminess.
- Stir in spices and turn up the heat to medium-high, leave the lid off and stir occasionally. This will need 10 minutes or so until your veggies are done.
- Meanwhile, hand-tear your mushrooms into pieces about a half-inch wide. Grab your skillet and sautee on medium-high with a little oil and salt. Stir and flip with a spatula or tongs frequently. They will brown up and taste amazing!
- Taste-test your mushrooms once they have cooked about 5-7 minutes. This is the moment you’ve been waiting for. Mmmmm.
- Test the tenderness of your veggies with a fork, and when they are fully cooked add your cooked Fungi Jon mushrooms!
- Stir everything together and bask in the magnificence! Your lemongrass bundle can be composted whenever it decides to reveal itself.
- Enjoy life to the fungi fullest.
Brought to you with fungi by Fungi Jon.