Pizza is a great way to get your 'shrooms in! We love the flexibility of being able to change up the crust as well as toppings. This recipe is for a gluten-free, vegan crust, but of course you can use your favorite crust and toppings. Our favorite are our mushrooms - Chestnuts, Lion's Mane, Coral Tooth, Oysters, even Cordyceps!
We hope you'll experiment with a delicious 'shroom-tastic pizza and find out which mushroom is your favorite pizza topping! Enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F
- Combine all dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Add all liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Texture should become doughy.
- Place parchment paper across a baking sheet or pizza stone. Scoop dough onto parchment paper and spread to ¼ inch thickness. Your pizza can be a circle, square, oval, rectangle - whatever works for you!
- (Optional) Once the dough is laid out the way you like, sprinkle it with a bit more cornmeal. Then lightly brush over the dough with some water or nut milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prep your toppings: sautee Fungi Jon's mushrooms with a pinch of salt.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce, cheese, Fungi Jon’s mushrooms (sauteed), & other desired toppings.
- Bake for another 20 minutes & enjoy!